Under Construction

"Home is where the heart is." While this is a very hackneyed expression, it is true today just as it was used for the first time. I must say that there's a sense of comfort in pulling into the driveway, sticking the key into the lock, and walking into the embrace of a home. It always seems to be just right: the temperature, the lighting, the overall ambiance, as if it knows that you're approaching.

However, this characteristic cannot be applied to my brother's home, just yet. Aside from the fact that it doesn't have air conditioning and is dependent on the sun for its source of light, I am confident that it will eventually adjust to my brother.

What you see here is one of my favorite parts of the house, the semi-spiral staircase (say that 5 fives fast). As a kid, I always wanted to live in a 2-story house, given that my best friend had one. Also, at Christmas time, I always wanted to sneak downstairs early in the morning to open presents first, just like they did in the movies. Anyways, I digress.

I never realized there was SO much thought that went into building a house. Little things such as tile designs, wiring, colors, cupboards, colors of tile designs, etc. are all important. And what about furniture?

Let's not think about that since I get a headache and move onto another favorite part of the house, the balcony overlooking the green. I don't know how else to put it, but it is amazing. One day up there, I saw a family of deer walking around the hole. Perhaps Bambi & Co. wanted to try out golf, who knows? Regardless, the view was picturesque. So, whenever you're at the golf course, come swing (pun intended) by and say hello to my brother... just don't hit your ball in his backyard since it will be his.

Keep it real.

-jdv

1 comments:

camille (visit their site)

wow, this is really a beautiful house! i bet it was neat to see the whole thing being built. congrats to dr. dv!!!

so seriously, no abdc talk? ever?